Last week, the Union Home Ministry issued an advisory for users using the Zoom video conferencing app. The app was described as unsafe by the Ministry of Home Affairs and the users were asked to make some necessary changes in the settings of the app before starting the video conference. Today we are going to share with you the step-by-step information about the changes made in this app by the Ministry of Home Affairs. By changing the settings of the app, you will be able to make secure video calls through this app. The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued these changes in settings for both web and app users. Let us first know how web users can make app connections secure by changing these settings.
Step-1: First of all go to the official website of Zoom and log in by entering a username and password in your account.
Step-2: After this, you will see three important section profiles, settings, and personal meeting IDs.
Step-3: Click on the profile option and click on the edit button next to the Personal ID. After that uncheck the checkbox with the use of Personal Meeting ID and click on the Save Change button.
Step-4: Now scroll down by clicking on the Settings button in the home page and change the settings based on the red circle instructions.
In this way, necessary changes will be made in your settings option. After this, you will be able to make secure video calling using this platform. The Home Ministry has given advisories to use this app. According to him, it is extremely important to take note of the main points given below.
- Set a new user ID and password in every meeting.
- Enable the waiting room so that a user will be able to enter the meeting only when the host gives permission.
- Disable the join option before hosting the meeting.
- Make the screen sharing host only.
- Disable the option to rejoin the remunerated participant.
- Restrict or disable the file transfer option.
- When all the participants join, then lock the meeting.
- Restrict the recording feature.
- You can do all these features by scrolling through the settings option. The steps for this are given above. Hopefully, by following all these steps, you will be able to change the settings of the Zoom app and take advantage of Secure Video Conferencing.